The analysis gamedate is 1.7.3000., which means that total of 266 World cups have finished and the next World cup will be on 3002. in Germany!
In this report, you can find Records and Past winners list. Counting all the results in FIFA World Cup history, the best team in history is Brazil with total of incredible 43 World Cup titles, fantastic 29 second places and 22 times finishing third. They have also been the World Cup hosts for 14 times until year 3000. This means that Brazil has finished on the podium on 94 out of 266 World Cups which really is impressive (35%)! However, Germany had even more podiums than Brazil - total of 98 podium finishes (37%) compared to Brazil's 94, if we add W. Germany titles and podium finishes, then Germany is even better than Brazil!
As much as 58 different teams were on the podium during this time - probably the most suprising teams were Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Armenia, Latvia, Bolivia, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Estonia who all had more than one podium and some of them even won the World Cup!
During all this time, there were 24 different host combinations, but Canada and Japan were hosts most times than others - total of 24 times each, followed by South Africa and USA with 22.
WORLD CUP RECORDS
Old records still not broken:
- Highest attendance - 199.854 (Brasil vs Uruguay, 16th July 1950.)
- Lowest attendance - 2.000 (Chile vs France, 19th July 1930.)
- Biggest win - 10 - 1 (Hungary vs El Salvador, 15th June 1982.)
- Highest scoring game - 7 - 5 (Austria vs Switzerland, 26th June 1954.)
- Oldest player - Faryd Mondragon (Colombia vs Japan, 24th June 2014.)
- Oldest goalscorer - Roger Milla (Cameroon vs Russia, 28th June 1994.)
Best national teams by World Cup history:
|44||Central African Rep.||1||1|
WORLD CUP HOSTS
|20||South Korea / Japan||1|